Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quilting

I have been sewing madly these last few days.... Every spare moment I have is spent at the sewing machine. I am so close to completion on this double bed quilt that I am giddy.



The fabrics are a mix of quilting fabrics from a recent spotlight sale and some beautiful textured wool fabrics that I thrifted. There is also some vintage sheets in there and two glorious vintage upholstery fabrics. Can you spot them?






Unfortunately this huge quilt is for my sister so I am going to miss it. I will have to make regular plans to go and visit. And make myself one for my bed. (I seriously do not know how I am going to get a king size quilt to fit in my sewing machine. I now understand the need for a long arm quilting machine :-) any advice would be welcome)



In other bad news the only photos I have are instagram shots in really bad light.

Hopefully some finished shots tomorrow..... With a real camera.... In the beautiful daylight.

Take care :-)

I will leave you with a shot of the breakfast I just enjoyed in my favourite sovereign pottery bowl, made by Johnson brothers in australia. And my favourite teacup the in Kaiser from, get this, west Germany! I love that this teacup was made in Germany before the wall came down..... Very historical :-)




1 comment:

Kelly @ Polkadot Lane said...

It's looking beautiful, and such a big job!